I recently read an article where 40 successful businesses owners were asked, “what’s your best piece of advice for success”? Below are some of their responses:
- Clearly define your goals. If you don’t, you ‘ll never be able to tick them off and measure how you’ve performed.
- Use KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) as a way to measure your success and keep your business moving in the right direction.
- Put yourself in your customer’s /client’s position and think about what they are looking for, and what will appeal to them during their research.
- Work with influencers, bloggers, editors, reviewers, etc. to get a steady stream of referral traffic to your site. Word of mouth spreads best and fastest this way, and each influencer gives a different perspective on what makes your product unique and different.
- Setting yourself apart from the crowd. Avoid “me too”. Know your silver bullets /differentiators.
- Understand Google Analytics. Do you view your dashboard frequently? Do you really know how effective your web site is?
- Know your value, know your price. Outpricing the competitor does not always work.
- Automate your small business where ever possible.
Leverage tools an software to free up time to focus on growing the business