- Have a networking plan in place. Know what you want to achieve from your networking activities and how you plan to get it.
- Know your own strengths, talents and resources. Listen for when a situation may be right.
- Help others build relationships, Make only those offers you intend to fulfill, Relationship marketing only works when you are genuine.
- Have business cards on you at all times.
- Develop a system to track you networking activities and the results.
- Follow up promptly and professionally on the referrals you receive. Remember to thank the person who referred you.
- Wait until you need a network to develop one. It takes time to develop relationships.
- Give out your business cards indiscriminately. Ask for a business card from someone you would like to give your business card to.
- Don’t be afraid to jump in and network! Networking is a contact sport; it requires your physical presence.
Kelli C Holmes